Smoke Signals and Project CBD speaking engagements
Thurs, Sept 5, 7pm: Sebastopol, CA: Copperfield’s Books – Smoke Signals reading and signing, 138 North Main St, Sebastopol, CA 94972
Sat, Sept 7, 6:30 pm: Mendicino, CA, Gallery Bookshop, Smoke Signals reading and signing, 319 Kasten St, Mendocino, CA 95460
Fri Sept 13, 7:30 pm: San Francisco: SPARC Benefit for Project CBD, 1256 Mission St, SF, CA 94103
Thurs Sept 19, 6 – 9 pm: Boston area: New England Grassroots Institute, “CBD, the Endocannabinoid System, and the Future of Medical Marijuana,” 1458 Hancock St. Suite 243, Quincy MA 02169, Ph: 617-471-4200, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sat-Sun Sept 21-22, Boston: Freedom Rally
Wed Sept 25, 6:30 – 8:30 pm, Burlington, VT: “Beyond THC: Cannabidiol (CBD) and the future of medical marijuana,” BCA Center, Lorraine B. Good Room (2nd floor), 135 Church Street, Burlington VT, sponsored by the Champlain Valley Dispensary, Ph: 802-865-7165, Email: email@example.com.
Thurs Sept 26, 7:30 – 10 pm, Plattsburg, NY: “Smoke Signals: The Great American Pot Story,” State University of New York, ACC ballroom.
Fri Sept 27, Albany, upstate New York: John Brown Lives!
Mon Sept 30, 7 – 9 pm, Hamilton, NJ: Project CBD director Martin A Lee will speak on “Beyond THC: Cannabdiol (CBD) and the future of medical marijuana,” Barnes & Noble in the Hamilton Marketplace, 425 Marketplace Blvd, Hamilton, NJ 08691, 609-581-2523; sponsored by the Coalition for Medical Marijuana–New Jersey.
First week of October, New York, NY: Brecht Auditorium – Martin A Lee on the Politics of Marijuana Legalization
Oct 27, San Rafael, CA: Bioneers conference
Nov 12, Santa Cruz, CA: MAPS Benefit for Project CBD
Dec 14-15, Santa Rosa, CA: Emerald Cup
To schedule media interviews and speaking engagements, contact the author.
Lee addresses a range of topics, including:
- Smoke Signals: The Great American Pot Story – How a grassroots countercultural movement that began in the 1960s evolved into today’s widespread populist revolt against conventional medicine and extraconstitutional authority.
- Beyond THC: Bringing Back CBD – The extraordinary therapeutic properties of cannabidiol (CBD), a nonpsychoactive component of marijuana that doesn’t make people feel high.
- The Endocannabinoid System for Beginners – Human brain receptors triggered by marijuana regulate the immune system, glucose metabolism, neurogenesis (the creation of new brain cells), and many other physiological processes.
- Cannabis Therapeutics and Holistic Healing – Acupuncture, osteopathy, massage and other “alternative” healing modalities are mediated by the same brain receptors that respond pharmacologically to marijuana.
- Cannabis and Young people: A Clinical Perspective – How dangerous is marijuana for children? Why do so many adolescents smoke pot? Cannabis and ADHD, autism, schizophrenia, and addiction.
- Occupy Medical Marijuana – Legalization is Not Enough! Is marijuana legalization inevitable? What will a post-prohibition society look like?